December 28, 2004 HOME

I found out early that my big plan to spend all day on the 28th wasn't going to work, but I set out early to get more done on the seat backs anyway.  First, I trimmed an angle on the bottom of the supports that I had overlooked in the plans.  With everything cleaned up and rechecked for fit, I riveted the cross braces and the bottom piano hinges in place.

I decided not to follow the plans in the area of seat back adjustment because I wanted more upper back travel.  That meant slightly reorienting the seat back support hinges from the specified location.



I marked out and drilled the seat back support hinges in the new locations.

With a little time left, I made some progress on riveting the hinges to the seat back supports, but that was it for the day.

Previous Day | HOME | Next Day