|December 21, 2004||HOME|
I trimmed the seat back supports (f-638) per plans and deburred the edges.
The plans call for lightning holes. At first, I didn't think it was worth it, but after thinking about it, I decided that I had drilled and snipped and ground all the suggested lightning options so far, so I should continue with the plan.
When the lightning holes were cut in both pieces, I cut a pieces of hinge material to length and match drilled them to the supports. I wasn't sure about the spacing here, so I decided I'd make the final side-to-side adjustments with the hinge on the seat back.
Bending the f-705k plates for the forward seat position proved to be a challenge for my little sheet metal brake. Ugh -- it wanted to bow out in the middle. Finally I got it done, but I'm considering an optional approach to the seat back positioning. More later.
I finally got the recommended bend, but they are really not as uniform across the span as the appear to be.